Saturday, August 13, 2011

Weatley Puppet


Check out this ridiculously detailed, hand-made model of Wheatley from Portal 2 created by Furin. Clearly this is a hardcore fan. The puppet not only looks as if it were pulled straight from the game, it can actually talk to you with ten pre-programmed quotes. Check out her build blog at Blogspot and a gallery of photos at Deviant Art.
Finally my Wheatley puppet is complete! This is a demonstration of him in action. =3 He has 10 quotes in all. This only shows a few. I'm still getting used to puppeting him, so apologies if his movement seems a little weird.

Hooray he's finished!! This demanding little robot has been hogging all my free time pretty much since April. I absolutely loved Portal 2 and as soon as I finished it I knew I had to build myself a Wheatley. Because Wheatley is the best thing ever. This guy'll be a prop alongside a Chell costume I'll be wearing.

He's roughly life-sized at approximately 12 inches across (might be an inch or two short of Wheatley's real diameter) and works as a puppet, using the hole in his back for access to his controls. His eyeplate and eyelids both move. He also plays 10 quotes from the game. His eye is lit up in some of the pictures there.. I really wish my camera could deal with the light better. You can actually see all the details when it's lit up, but the camera just washes them all out. ...

Unfortunately, he's not for sale and I don't have any immediate plans to sell or make any more. Sorry! I just don't have the time. D: I absolutely promise if that changes you guys will be the very first to know. =3

No comments:

Post a Comment