Friday, November 4, 2011

Tattoo: Always Sleep with a Teddy


Source: Megan
"My very first tattoo! My boyfriend showed me a picture he found online of “Why you should always sleep with a teddybear”. I fell in love with it immediately, and knew it needed to be put on my body. However, I wanted to tweak it to make it personal. When I was about 14, I fell into a really deep depression and started seeing shadows. It would get especially bad as I was laying in bed, in the dark, at night. I wanted the monster in my tattoo to symbolize the shadows that I always saw. In a way, my tattoo keeps me protected from the shadows that I still see. My teddybear is forever tattooed on my body to keep me safe. I had it done by Lauren McKenzie at Bound By Design in Denver, Colorado. She did such an amazing job! And it only took a little over an hour."

No comments:

Post a Comment