Thursday, August 22, 2013

Asuka Langley


Asuka Langley (from Neon Genesis Evangelion) by SailorMappy

"I think this is the most significant and important cosplay to date. I always wanted to do this one since i started cosplaying, Asuka is my favorite character ever and i absolutely love the design of the plugsuit, you could say that this is my dream cosplay, the only thing that kept me from doing it was the perfect material. I had a bunch of failures before completing this, i tried before to buy a full pvc bodysuit and when it arrived it was VERY shiny lycra, it was difficult to find a way to buy the fabric from another country but when i did i definetely knew i could achieve making it, no matter how difficult it would be sewing it. I used pvc stretch, black lycra and the neck pieces are made of fiberglass. Also, i improved the wig, i didn't like the bright orange one i had for Asuka's hair, i always imagined her as a natural redhead, so i bought a light brown wig and dyed it with orange sharpies to achieve this color. I did this mostly by myself but couldn't have done it without the help of a lot of friends, thank you all! I really hope you like my cosplay as much as i did."

  

  

  


No comments:

Post a Comment